How to make a Direct line - DID - appear on another phone.

Whenever my direct line - DID - rings, I'd like to have it appear on one of the keys of a collegue's phone. I can do it internally with our respective extensions, but I don't know how to program it for receiving a call from outside. Thanks.

Reply to
ejptccs123
Loading thread data ...

If this is a meridian 1, simply program the key on his set the same as the key on your set. IE:

On your set the DID is:

KEY 0 SCR 9999

On his set you would program:

KEY 13 SCR 9999

The switch will then respond with MARP ON TN .

If this is a norstar, then I'll need to let someone else respond, since I don't know norstar.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

If N* you need to know the target line and assign it or assign your station on his phone as answer DN.

Reply to
John 807

Reply to
ejptccs123

Does your DID ring on its own key? If so do feature *0 press that key you will see the target line number then go into line access and assign that line number to appear and ring on his phone.

Reply to
John 807

Reply to
ejptccs123

I also just noticed that my line that I want to add to my collegue's station appears as:

LXXX:Pvt>MyName

Scan Find

Instead of:

LXXX:Unassigned

Scan Find Change

ejptccs123 wrote:

Reply to
ejptccs123

thats your problem change your line from private to public and you can add it to the other phone.

Reply to
John 807

Reply to
ejptccs123

Go into programming lines your line number and step through the settings.

Reply to
John 807

When I step through the settings using a public target line I have the option to change it to a private one (Line Type: PUBLIC CHANGE ) I don't seem to have that option from a private line. I only have the option of changing the extension the target line is private to (Private To: XXX

CANCL CHANGE)

Thanks.

John 807 wrote:

Reply to
ejptccs123

Reply to
ejptccs123

Glad to help instead of stepping people through things I usually point them in the right direction and hope they can go from there. That way they will probably remember for next time.

Reply to
John 807

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.