How do you build a phantom 500 set on option 11

I built the lowest number phantom loop I could, 96 but I cant figure out how to build the set as far as what the tn would be can't enter 96 it sch's me, and the other phones are built with just card and unit.

So... how do you build a phantom 500 set on an 11 ?

Reply to
usatracy
Loading thread data ...

Add N96

then build new TNs starting in Loop 61

Here is a little more detail

formatting link

Reply to
GHTROUT

Reply to
Allen Kitts

OK, that worked, why in the world is loop 96 loop 61 ?

probably too long to explain

thanks again

Reply to
usatracy
61 is card slot 61 not LOOP 61
Reply to
acewarlock

To explain just a little further.... In an Option 11, when you program things, you are programming Card - Unit, not Loop Shelf Card Unit as you do in the large switches. The translation of loops to cards is handled by the system more or less invisibly.

Reply to
Bob

Why did I think that in the Option 11 each card was a separate loop? i.e. Loop=Card, although you just use Card Unit to program.

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Each slot does have a loop dedicated to it, but the system is actually based on the concept of Superloops.

Slots 1-4 are SL 0 Slots 5-8 are SL 4 .... etc, on up to slot 41 where you would think it should be SL 52, but it's really SL 64.

Phantom, and virtual TNs work out to 8 slots per superloop to add to the confusion. This is probably because you really don't use timeslots for those.

See 553-3011-120 for the gory details.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks, I'll learn more every day if I'm not careful!

Gordon

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.