Help with Norstar Plus Modual ICS

Sorry for the newbie questions.

1) How can I tell if our software is CICS or MICS and what version?

2) I created a hunt group for hopes of using it internally (No line assigned). This is so the receptionist can answer the call, and then transfer it to the hunt group. I'm under the impression that I can assign an extension to the hunt group, but I don't see anything about extensions in the hunt group options.

Sorry if my questions are moronic - I know nothing about our phone system and rarely have to mess with it. Thanks a lot for your help.

Reply to
youngster94
Loading thread data ...

Check the software card. The label (facing to the left) has the s/w version on it. Don't remove the card while the switch is powered up! On MICS the card is inserted into a software cartridge in the KSU. On CICs the card is in a slot to the left of the amphernols near the top of the switch.

Hunt groups have predefined extension numbers (depends on the start DN) which can be changed if necessary. choose ADD under huntgroups to add members.

Reply to
rcherry

Thanks rcherry Our card is MCS 4.1 so our phone system should have the capabilities to do what I want it to. How do I figure out what the predefined extension is? If I log into the phone system with the admin account, and goto hunt groups, I get HG01:707 as the first Hunt group, and if I go deeper, I get Member DNs, Line Assignment, Mode: Broadcast, If busy: BusyTone, Q Timeout:60, Overflow:707, and Name:Sales. I don't see anything related to extension number unless I'm overlooking it. I've tried dialing Ext 707 but I get a busy tone and a message that says line not in service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
youngster94

In this case the predefined extension for the hunt group is 707.

When you get to the Members prompt hit show then ADD to add the extensions that will be in the hunt group. When programmed an extension will have a key (if available) added to it automatically to ring and appear for calls into the hunt group. Use Feature *0 to find the Hunt Group key. To make the key go away program the hunt group to ring only.

Line assignment allows you to choose which lines (physical or target) will be answered by the hunt group.

Mode can be broadcast, linear or circular.

The Q timeout lets you choose the number of seconds call can queue to a busy hunt group (this setting is not used if the hunt group is broadcast) before invoking the If busy feature.

The overflow is a DN that calls will go to if all the member DNs are busy (see above) and since you don't have any member DNs and the busy DN is the hunt group itself that is why you are getting busy. You can change the If busy setting to another DN is you want (attendant for example)

I can't remember of the top of my head if the admin account lets you change all the settings in a hunt group - you may need to use the config account instead.

Reply to
Ray

Thanks Ray. I indeed had the hunt group setup with members like you suggested and for some strange reason it didn't work until today. I'm not sure what changed but now its working [insert scratching my head here].

Thanks again for the help and such a complete reply!

Reply to
youngster94

Thanks rcherry for your help and such an in-depth reply also!

Reply to
youngster94

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.