Help required with Nortel Passport 4455

I have a customer who has a dilema and therefore... so do I.

London Router is a Passport 4455 with base controller and additional DPNSS Voice Module and 2 x Card with DPNSS channels totalling 30 in all over all cards.

The Norwich Router is the same though it failed to boot... kept cycling after booting and whilst we got it to boot once or twice was unstable. Having procured 2 new 4455 base models, we have changed of the FLASH and DRAM so that the code is correct for the configuration (the Norwich config having been wiped).

I TFTP'd the config down from the London router and uploaded the same to the new Norwich router and booted. All fine! Change the Norwich router ID NorwichX121]150 [X121]160 and also changed the IP addresses and the various routes thinking that at base level this should work. I have one other pair of routers going from Norwich to a suffolk site which are currently fine so I have used these to 'contrast and compare'.

On both routers the X.21 is set to 'down' and at both ends shows up when connected and when looking at the diagnostics shows all interfaces up and that the Norwich router sees the London router as it identifies the connection by Node name syntax.

I have been through the manual checking things in terms of configuration, interface numbers etc and all certainly looks good and the router doesn't throw up any errors in terms of diagnostics on boot.

The issue is that I cannot get IP traffic to traverse between the sites in any way shape or form. I can go into more detail but that's it in a nutshell. Hope that's enough to be going on with initially.

There has to be something that I'm missing somewhere!

I have a spare router to play with and can supply configs thus far.

Many thanks.

Simon.

Reply to
simon1746
Loading thread data ...

Hi Simon,

You have to make sure that the the Bridge is in routed mode, Give the following command

MBDL-HO>>sh bridge glo

IPProtocol : routed (operational) : routed (configured)

else give the command def bridge global ip routed

you have not mentioned about the PANL status, Check whether the panl status is up or not

MBDL-HO>>sh msm li t

IfIndex : 50 InterfaceType : dte LAPFStatus : up LocalComponentName : "MPA/MBDL-HO MPANL/50" RemoteComponentName : "MPA/MBDL-HO4455 MPANL/50" RemoteGenCfgType : nortelAccessDevice PANLStatus : up

it should display the next end PANL name (I think the panl is up, coz you wrote that you can view the name).

Tell me whether this is VoFR or VoIP. If it is VoFR you have to check the Virtual port routing mode.

MBDL-HO>>sh fr po vir o t

IfIndex Mode State ProtocolBinding Number

2 easyrouting up ip-bridge-configured 0

or give the command define fr port virtualPort mode 2 easyrouting

I think this will help you. Or else feel free to mail me.

Thanks, Anand

Reply to
Ananda Ramesh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.