HELP

Pls need help programming a call buffer mdr-2000e connected to a meridian opt 11C SMDR. The SMDR is ok (tested w/ pc in terminal emulation) so is the MDR-200E(also tested connected to serial of pbx, and terminal in the modem port). We setup the box to work in IP mode in our lan. We can login to box with telnet to por 9999 in program mode. Up to now ok. Also can telnet to port

3000 (to collect data) BUT ... we login ... we give the proper commands (as per the manual) no results.

We bought this call buffer from local telco (Dominican Republic) and they just gave us the manual and the equipment. Their tech claims he doesn't know how to make work in ip. He does and did in serial mode.

Pls somebody show me how to do this!!! I'm IT/IS integrator and former telecomm tech, with no experience with this box.

TKS very much for any possible help!

tks

homero

*** Sent From/Enviado desde:
formatting link
Reply to
microbell
Loading thread data ...

Homero, I've worked with these boxes, they are a little confusing but they work well (once configured!). I need to know how far you've gotten. When you telnet to port 9999 and press enter, you get a menu. You need to configure menu items 0 and 1 both as per the documentation you've recieved, even though some of it seems unusual. Once that is complete and you have saved your settings, reconnect by telnetting to port 3000. If this works network settings are probably fine. Now, when you connect to port 3000 press enter and hold CTRL key and letter V then the letters IM. You should see setup details. Here, you will need to make sure you are connecting to the PBX at the correct baud and parity and all that. You will need a number of CDR (SMDR) records collected. If you see numbers and they increment you are probably collecting. If not, press Q. Should say exiting. Now press CTRL V and DU. This will put you into passthrough mode to see the raw data. If you see good data, then this is a good problem we can fix, we need to adjust what is called the CU string- which tells the box what type of data you are collecting. If you don't, it is likely a baud parity issue. Press CTRL V SD to stop the data dump. Let me know if this helps, go through those steps and and we can go through the rest once I get more information.

Steve Korn SKO Communications

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@skocom.com

Reply to
Steve Korn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.