Getting started

I just traded services (fiber work) for a Meridian system. The customer upgraded to a new VOIP system.

First, here's the list of equipment, documentation and phones that I got, my questions will follow.

********************************************************** EQUIPMENT:

- Meridian Norstar M8X24-DS with, - DR5 - Rel. 01, and: - 2 port Expansion Module Rel. 2

- M0X16 (expanded from port of expansion module above)

- Nortel Applications Module, Rel 1, Mod V2G, which was connected to ports through: A fiber connection into - DS30/Station Port Adapter, Rel 005

- ATA2

DOCUMENTATION: Norstar Voice Mail, Voice Channel Upgrade Guide Norstar Voice Mail 4.0 Desktop Accessories, Client Software Installation Guide Norstar Voice Mail 4.0 Installation Guide Floppy Disk Set (2 disks) Unopened - [IP DOC KIT] [Release 01] [NAM/IP Lite E/F] NAM/IP Setup Package, Software License Agreement CD Unopened - Norstar Voice Mail 4.0 Documentation & Client Software Modular DR5, System Coordinator Guide (2) DS30/Station Port Adapter, Installation Guides Analog Terminal Adapter 2, Installation Guide Meridian 8314 Installation and User Guide M7100 Telephone User Guide M7208 Telephone User Guide Nortel Norstar - Norstar Voice Mail 4.0, Reference Guide Nortel Norstar - Norstar Voice Mail 4.0, Set Up and Operation Guide Unopened? Norstar MINUET ACD Setup Kit (with floppy disk) Unopened Dial-by-Name for NAM (GUI), Installation/Update, Ver. 1.30, with floppy disk

PHONES: (1) M7324 (14) M7310 (20) M7100 (5) "Parts" phones

********************************************************** My questions: 1) In reading through the notes, the customer had a Memo to the boss with a quote for a battery backup. In the memo she indicated that the technician recommended the backup to avoid the service call to "reset or restart" the voice mail every time the power went out. Why would this be necessary? 2) I have the DR5 hooked up with one line attached to it and a 7310 at my desk. Just trying to get familiar with the programming. I think I have the passwords I need for the system and the voice mail. However, I soon want to connect up the expansion module and the voice mail. If the voice mail needs to be restarted, what is the process? 3) Once I get everything hooked up and running, I'd like to reset the system and the voice mail back to factory defaults, WITHOUT LOOSING THE UPGRADE TO 6 PORTS ON THE VOICE MAIL. How will I go about this? 4) I haven't found much information about the Nortel Applications Module, Rel 1, Mod V2G (which I assume is the Voice Mail). If it is more than a voice mail module, what other features does it have?

Ultimatly, I'd like to move the system to an environment where I will share the system with 3 other businesses. The current voice mail allows up to two businesses to use the same system with completly different automated attendants for each business (depending on which line is ringing).

5) Can this system do that for four businesses, or do I have to have a general mailbox with groups behind it and line and extension restrictions?

Thanks,

DJG

Reply to
google
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.