FTP puts failing through Contivity 2700 from NATed client

We are having a problem using Windows Server 2003 command line FTP client behind our Contivity 2700 (vendor supplied application with a zillion scripts written for the command line and FTP being a big part of the process). Our internal server needs to do a put to their external FTP server, and when done at the command line it simply hangs and the file transfer doesn't happen. Works fine with the WSFTP client from the same server to the same remote server.

I've looked at a variety of things around passive/active mode FTP, and tried setting my command prompt FTP session to passive mode after making a connection to the remote server, but this hasn't helped. From other reading I'm doing, it looks like FTP might have some issues with the fact that the internal server is NATed to the outside world (FTP doesn't like NAT I guess).

Anyone know of any configuration settings on the Contivity 2700 itself that will assist in getting a NATed server to be successful in doing FTP puts to an external FTP site?

Thanks for any pointers!

Phil

Reply to
Phil McNeill
Loading thread data ...

Phil. The problem with FTP and NAT, is normally only present if you use "hide-NAT", like NAT behind the public interface on the CES2700. If you make a static NAT entry for the server (to another address on the "outside"), FTP normally have no problems with this. Remember to enable proxying for NAT on the CES2700.

Good luck. Morten R. Nielsen

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.