ees key on 2250 console

Rel 3.0 with sig servers and ITG trunking. No network data on the 4 t1 pipe. The ees key on the 2250 console when 1st depressed does not always engage. The console used to be in the same building as the callpilot system. They use a speed dial key to transfer people directly to express messaging then they hit the ees key to enable the dtmf to dial the mail box number and hit the release key. Now both operators say since we have moved to a new building location the ees key is lagging they have to hit it very slowly or twice to three times to engage it. I had moved the key and it made no difference, and also I moved the console to another port on another card and also it made no difference. To get to the callpilot system we are going over ITG trunking back to the building where the callpilot resides. The (ADL) speed dial key works fine and you hear the express messaging prompts right away, it is just when the ees key is depressed that it does not engage right away. Bottom line is.. is there away to speed up the dtmf activation when the key is depressed should I be looking at the dtr card? Or is the latency inherent to the the ITG trunking via 4 t1's less than a mile of distance between here and there. Any ideas anyone? Bueller Bueller Bueller? thanks in advance. Rob

Reply to
dubbbber
Loading thread data ...

Try swapping the ADL and EES key to see if the problem is with the key on the console itself. DTR doesn't ever get involved. Pressing the EES key tells the switch to send DTMF via the TDS to whatever was dialed. Are you saying that now the console is on another switch vs. being on the same switch as the CP before? Try this.... a bunch of times for consistency. Call someone on switch from the console, press EES, and dial in their ear. See if the tones sound good. Now go to where the callpilot is, and do the same thing. See if they still sound OK. If not, there is a configuration option on the Signaling server as to how it will deal with DTMF over the ITG trunks - either it passes tones squished by whatever CODEC you're using, or it interprets the tones on the originating end, and regenerates them on the far end. Why are you running ITG if you've got 4 T1's between the sites?

Reply to
Bob

quoted text -

I did mean the TDS/DTR card, You may be on to something about the ITG cards being configured correctly. The reason we have 4 T1's is because.... due to our senior management they still are not convinced voice should be riding the data ckts so they ordered separate ckts to accomodate the bandwith, before I arrived here they were sold on ITG trunking and when the QOS was non existent and voice was beaten to a pulp because of some heavy data dumps across the spans one of the vp's freaked out and said that won't happen again! Despite my best efforts to convince them to turn on QOS to control these events they don't want any part of it. However they let me do it over ckts to India with no QOS, too expensive to pay for QOS on the MPLS cloud. So I live with ITG trunking over my own t1's locally, kinda of like my own lab in real time. Thanks for input I will let you know how things turn out.

Reply to
dubbbber

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.