Do Not Use Nortel Equipment

There is no one left that can technically sustain and support Nortel products. Also all the Designers are laid off and outsourced to inexperienced people in Turkey and India. Go Cisco, Avaya or whatever. Not to mention Chapter 7 is coming soon.

Reply to
GaryRock
Loading thread data ...

And you work for who ?

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

exactly. . .

more Cisco folks rooting for all their competitors to fail. . .what a surprise. . .

Reply to
Jeff

The company I work for has a state contract. MANY Nortel systems being installed. Had a very strange problem with a BCM50. I went through the India Turkey route, my boss made one call, then the head of tech support in Ottawa. They came up with the answer and now Verizon gets the shit.

I doubt that Canada will let one of their largest, if not the largest, company fail.

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Plainly you have been misinformed or you have no idea what you are talking about.

Or you are too much of a cheapskate to pay for support.

1) On the phone with Nortel support yesterday. Plenty of people good people to address CS 1000, VoIP, and Contact Center issues. 2) Local vendor is also continuing ahead with Nortel customer support 3) New versions of Nortel software and hardware are coming out. 4) Nortel is ensuring support by obtaining even more components for support stock in the future. 5) Chapter 11 does not equate to Chapter 7 soon.

Have a nice day sourpuss

Reply to
<no-spam-to-[cromero]-please

I had to speak to Nortel support this morning (Canada time), had no problems getting an engineer who helped fix my fault. And I'm in Australia. The chap was quite personable, so I thought I would be a little bold and ask him his thoughts on the whole Nortel & creditor protection thing. He tells me there has been no issues with pay packets in his office, and in general morale has not dropped. There are a few nervouse upper level management types, but mostly people either couldn't care less, or they are welcoming the restructure.

So maybe keep your misinformed opinions & shit-scared conspiracy theories to yourself.

P.S. Don't ever mention Cisco and Nortel in the same sentence unles you are talking about Cisco Data Networks.

Glenn S Griffin

Reply to
Renegade

What do you mean "soon"? In fact, they filed days before your first post about "bankruptcy was coming"

Reply to
GHTROUT

GHTROUT wrote in news:b3b198e7-e096-4cf6-a00b- snipped-for-privacy@f3g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

He specifically said "Chapter 7," or company liquidation, was coming soon.

Apparantly, this "GaryRock" is not the only one who is trying to worry Nortel users. At least one of Nortel's competitors is offering generous trade-in credits to get companies to switch.

I would suspect that if Nortel does go into liquidation, someone will pick up the pieces and support the existing equipment.

Reply to
Richie Kennedy

What do you mean "soon"? In fact, they filed days before your first post about "bankruptcy was coming"

Reply to
GaryRock

I'm sure that someone will try to "pick up the pieces". However 100% of Nortel equipment is manufactuered by other suppliers. If Nortel Banckrupts, they are under no obligation to provide equipment. You will see in the coming months how many Big Customers are bailing on NOrtel. I assure you I have nothing to gain here. GR

Reply to
GaryRock

OK. Fortunately, your posts, complete with 3th grade grammar and spelling, are eternally etched on the Internet. Maybe we'll all look back and say you were right. Or maybe we'll all look back and say "Well we had to take into consideration his mental state at the time"

Reply to
GHTROUT

Why would anyone stop using Nortel equipment due to the chapter 11 issues, there is a huge network of Nortel support right across the range of products. We at Lynx UK carry approx 30,000 refurbished and new parts for central office wirleline, optical and data products, we have also have some of the best engineering support for DMS, sucession and Optera outside of the Nortel organisation.

Given the current financial climate, the network operators and business end users would need to divert much needed cash resources to replace existing systems unnecessarily.

Should the worst happen and Nortel do not come out of this process well then the network of Nortel resellers and Grey market equipment stockist can pick up the end user needs for years to come.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Or maybe you should shut the f*ck dummy. GR

OK. Fortunately, your posts, complete with 3th grade grammar and spelling, are eternally etched on the Internet. Maybe we'll all look back and say you were right. Or maybe we'll all look back and say "Well we had to take into consideration his mental state at the time"

Reply to
GaryRock

You're trolling for pain Rock.

But all you have managed to get is laughter coming right at you.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I only wish comedians were as entertaining.

Thanks for the laugh.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to

Keep laughing dummy. GR

Reply to
GaryRock

Dumbass Nortel sales person trying to get everyone to drink the kool-aid. GR

Reply to
GaryRock

I guess I missed it. Did you ever offer a fact or is this all about you're personal problems?

Reply to
John Smith

Nortel just lost a Contract bid from Verizon (LTE Wireless), their biggest Customer. Writing is on the wall.

Reply to
GaryRock

go see a shrink.

Reply to

The only ones trying to get customers to drink the kool-aid is Crisco. Besides, if Nortel goes belly up, Crisco won't be far behind. With Nortel out of the way better and less expensive companies like Juniper will be able to capitalize on the space. Cisco can't keep up with either Nortel or Juniper technologies so they have to spread lies to get you to believe they are the only player in the market. Personally, I would choose Adtran over Cisco just to keep them from getting my business.

Reply to
Bad Brad

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.