DN Numbering Plan

All,

I am attempting to change our Meridian Opt 61C to 4 digit extentions from 3 digits. I was told by the installer that I should be able to do this no problem. I could do this with 5* and 6*. However when I attempt to Add a new phone using 5101 i get the following error "DN

5101 not in Numbering Plan" How can I troubleshoot to make sure that I can use 4 digits? Doesn't the 5* cover it?

Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Trecokas
Loading thread data ...

You simply have to make sure that there's not a shorter number that matches the beginning of your new number. Example:

If you have an extension 510, you cannot create 5100 through 5109. I don't understand what you meant by 5*, and 6*. Those can't be used as normal DN's.

Do an LUDN, and find something you can use as a leading digit, or digits temporarily while you fix the conflicts. If 5 doesn't show up all by itself, there's conflicts you'll have to fix. Just look for the missing training digits, or if you have your heart set on 5, then just PRT, DNB, 5, and see what shows up. You'll have to change those numbers to something different first. You actually (if you have DNXP) can have numbers 1 through 7 digits in the same switch at the same time as long as there's no conflicts.

Assuming 3, and 4 are available, the following could all be built without conflict.

3 40 412 4234 43456 445678 4567890
Reply to
Bob

Thanks. That helps a little bit. 5 and 6 are available. I just need to do a New TN in the switch. I'm still learning about the PBX commands. I attempted to orignally do this in OTM.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Trecokas

.....Which might be easier. Double click the DN, press home, then press insert, and type your new leading digit. Alter SSTAT to RPL from CHG to out and rebuild the set to avoid possible conflicts.

Reply to
Bob

Alright I'm getting back to working on this finally. It was urgent at first and then it slipped managements mind.

I attemepted to add my new DIGIT by doing the Double Click on DN, Opened the DN Box and hit home and insert. Insert Doesnt bring up another box, but allows me to type in the box below. I entered '5' and it just took the extention that was hi-lighted when i hit ok.

Any help would be appreciated. I am not afraid of do> >

Reply to
Joe Trecokas

After much searching I finally found it. I had to go out to the system window and add 5000-5999 and 6000-6999 as Regular DN to the Routing Table.

Thanks for your help.

Joe Trecokas wrote:

Reply to
Joe Trecokas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.