Discount a forwarded PRI call through a MICS

Some of you may of been reading the other few messages that I wrote

My next problem is this, I am forwarding a call from the PSTN through the MICS to terminate on another PRI on a Cisco router

I have setup a target line private to DN no 260 (which happens to be a ASM) I've busied out the ASM by just punching down a loop of wire on the bix strip that connections via the 50 pin connection on the switch. Everything seems to work, the call gets forwarding and the cisco receives it. However about 15 seconds into the call it gets drop, the nortel setup doesn't say anything, however when I'm debugging Q921/31 on the Cisco I see a disconnect with cause code 10. I'm not sure if this is a standard cause code or one just for the Cisco, either way I'm hoping one of the PRI gurus can help me

Thanks again, Adam

Reply to
adam.dickson
Loading thread data ...

Ohhhhhhhhh, parity error in memory

The subject should be 'disconnecting a .....'

Hey what happened to the old days when everybody would pipe up with help I started three threads and no flood of information that always made the usenet stand out in my mind. Sigh....................... ??

Reply to
adam.dickson

I check this group daily, but couldn't help because my area of expertise is Meridian1 Opt 81c, Succession, Symposium, CTI.

I agree... i miss the days of usenet! people have resorted to yahoo groups, etc, I guess.

anyway, just wanted to let you know someone was reading.

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Yeah, thanks man - I'ld rather people reading and just can't help then the 'others' which are:

a:)too snooty to help me b:)nobody reads it here

But on the other hand all the NG's I used to read have really changed, where before there was a second group of friends that where cooling, exceedingly more whitty then the average person and ohsoeagertochat about anything on anybody's mind. Now things have descending into the worst of the worst *GASP* fighting about wether you have the right to use that Cisco router you bought cheap on Ebay, because everybody else is pissed you got it so cheap and won't help you ... (jk - mostly jk)

It's seemed to turn into will of the mob, and the mob doesn't know or give a rats ass who I am, maybe after my upteenth message here the I will get indexed in the collective. Although being Borg-esque definitely has it's downsides, we all get to share are everything we know with need of begging for help in a NG. Culture is turning towards Tech would II be able to pickup as a Borg ??????

Reply to
adam.dickson

Okay dudes, update. It seems that the machine only cuts me off when I forwarding. When I call into a DN that matches the autoDN everything seems fine, I can connect through the second T1 and the call doesn't hang up

However when setup a target line private to a DN, set the line to forward on no ring and on busy to the line pool code for the second PRI the call complete's for 1-2 seconds and Cisco equipment that terminates the other end of the PRI that the MICs is forwarding ou to gives a normal cause code. And the number that I'm calling through the autoDN is the same number/pool code that the set is configured to forward to.

When I do a Q921 debug both calls are setup the same parameters exactly it just looks like the MICS is cutting off the forwarded call for some reason. Any pointers ????

Reply to
adam.dickson

Just in case anybody reads this it's no longer an issuse. I got the MICS passing and routing the calls properly using the DMS100 and setting up the Nortel MICS with a private networking/dialplan/remote packages, calls now get _routed_ from the incoming PSTN to the Cisco PRI without having to forward, setup target lines - etc

Thanks for anybody that read this though !!

Reply to
adam.dickson

Great to hear you got thru it! Sorry I couldn't help you out. Had my own fish to fry. Glad someone was there for you.

Reply to
John

No problem, I'm happy to hear from you either way. XBarNone provide key help with my ommissions/mistakes/etc. I was getting bummed before XBarNone and now you emailed though. I was fearing the days of free flowing ideas, and general unrestrained brain power flowing across the ether was gone.

Reply to
adam.dickson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.