DID tied to DN

I tried to tie a DID to a DN, but it's not working. Can anyone tell me what I've missed.

DID is 7017, it wasn't allocated to an extension and was ringing at the switchboard. I tried to assign it to Ext 282 doing the following:

LD 49 CHG IDC CUST 0 DCN 00 IDGT 7017

7017 282

If I do a

LD 49 PRT IDC

The DID shows as being tied to the extension.

Apologies if my terminology is not correct. Any help much appreciated.

thanks

Gary

Reply to
ShuggyB
Loading thread data ...

I'm not at work (nor do we use 3 digit extensions at my site) but I think that you could accomplish this using an empty ACD queue.

In LD 23:

NEW ACD DN 7017 MAXP 1 NCFW 282

Just hit through any of the other prompts. Basically this is just making an ACD queue that will never be manned. Since it isn't manned, the system rolls over to the NCFW setting (in this case the extension you actually want it to ring at).

My apologies if this wasn't what you were shooting for or if I'm missing something. I'm not at work now so I can't test it. Hopefully this helps out somehow. It's probably not the proper way to do this, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

~ Mike

ShuggyB wrote:

Reply to
Michael Andrews

the extension is usually the DID number. chg 282 to 7017, creat mailbox 7017 and your're done. otherwise the idc table (0) has to be assigned to the did route. the night table and day table need to be assigned as 0 in the cdb.

Reply to
John Smith

on incoming calls if you assigned the IDC table to the incoming DID route that should work for calls coming in from the outside world but not internal ext's. if you want it to work internally and externally you should use an acd que NCFW to the ext number

Reply to
John 807

Can you elaborate?

I have 3-digit extensions and many have 4-digit DIDs "associated"

for example doing the

LD 49 PRT IDC

Would show under DCN 0 a list of "assosciations" including, e.g.

7024 284 7050 292

and these work fine.

So by doing what I done above

LD 49 CHG IDC CUST 0 DCN 00 IDGT 7017

7017 282

Is it reasonable to expect 7017 would ring on the phone Ext 282 is attached to or is there something else I would need to do with 7017 to make it "active" or would I need to make sure some feature was available on the phone?

I am very new to this so explaining in as simple terms as possible and explaining acronyms and jargon would be much appreciated.

thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Is there any reason why your not using 4 digit dialing? life would be alot easied if you just put the 7017 right on Key 0.

Gary wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

Dunno.

I've inherited the PBX admin. Pretty sure it was the local TELCO that set it up this way. I am in Bermuda and it's par for the course for things to get done in weird and wonderful ways!

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.