Dialing Plan

HI all. System is option 61 c , i need help in setting up dialing plan.It is a five star hotel where we r installing 61c. Customer ext starts from 0101 to 1001 (20 ext on each floor and first 2 digits mentions floor and last two room no) customer also wants to setup there operator=0, now the previous PABX has this setup and i have to setup this on option 61c. now we cant assign other extension starting from zero if operator is set to = 0. A trick can work like that if i can put digit delay i mean lets say some body wants to dial 0 (operator ATDN=2000) then when a user dials "0" system should wait for few milisecond for other digit dial if no digit dial the call will overflow to attendant=2000. and if user wants to dial any room he will be able to dial =0201(suppose).The previous system has this setup of delay coz of numbering plan. Now how can i put this delay and overflow setting. Or is there any way to setup operator=0 and other ext starting with 0. any help in this matter regards

Reply to
justzikle
Loading thread data ...

No, you cannot have a DN with a leading digit of 0 and have an attendant DN of 0. If you must have that dialling plan, you could have an attendant DN of

00, however, you're gonna confuse people, as most will not think in terms of a leading 0 having value. If you tell them to call 0105 for room 105, they are going to dial 105. I've seen to ways of doing larger (more than a few floors) hotels. Either the room number has nothing to do with the extension number - room 105 is extension 1652. This gives the guest some measure of privacy in that they'll have to give their extension to people that want to call them. It also prevents most people from knowing the specific room that they are in just because they gave their number to someone. The other way is for rooms to have a prefix - to call a room, dial 6 and the room number 60105. You'll notice that alot of hotels actually list the leading digit on the room, and the key card.
Reply to
Bob

Another possibility is to have invalid translations - or something along those lines - go to attendant instead of overflow. That would drive the attendant nuts if it works because of the people dialing 105 to reach room

Reply to
Bob

Look in the NTP for pre-transalation tables (LD 18 i beleive). Phones are then assigned access to the table in LD 11/10. This feature (based on speed call lists) is perfect for hotels. You can keep the existing DN range and assign each floor it's range of DNs that match the floor/room number ie DNs 200 for the 2nd floor and 300 for the third etc without loosing 0 or other ranges.

Reply to
Ray

The problem he'll still run into is 1xx vs 10xx. If someone wants to dial room 102, they would dial 102. If someone dials room 1020, they'd wind up at

102 pretranslation or not.
Reply to
Bob

Correct! maybe he should re-think the numbering plan...

Reply to
Ray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.