Deny external calls...

Hello,

We have a norstar modular ICS set up at my workplace and I was wondering if its posible to prevent external callers reaching an internal extension after dialing it in the automated attendants promt. Having other users receive external calls is ok but some people prefer not being contacted directly by callers that now their ext. #.

I have some experience programing the ICS and the voicemail but I'm not sure where to set this up :-/

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Laughing Man
Loading thread data ...

Periodically change their ext/mbx number ?

TerryS

>
Reply to
Terry

I don't think you can, but maybe this will work. GUESS Take them out of the directory. Call forward no answer and busy to operators ext. Internal users would have to use leave message, feat 980. Or something like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenW

Reply to
Kenw

Hmmm. the 2 options mentioned are not what I was hoping to find :-p Thanks anywhoo

Reply to
Laughing Man

In your situation what I would do is deny dial by name by flagging directory as no. Then if your regular exttensions are in the 200 range I would change theirs to something so obtuse, it would be tough to guess, I.E. you use the

2xx range make them, like 623 or whatever.
Reply to
John 807

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.