Contivity client

Hi, currently been using the 4.15 of the contivity client with XP and I can connect to my corporate network all ok.

New machines with Vista on, and 4.15 doesnt work - ok I find a beta version for vista on the web - version 6_07.007.

This installs ok, i try to connect to work and nothing, it says cannot connect to host. The XP machine can still connect and they are on the same network so i dont believe its a firewall problem (just a firewall in the router, which supports IPSEC pass through), my windows firewall is turned off.

Is there a need for the server side to be able to recognise the new client or should it work anyway?

also is there a way of testing network connectivty (e.g. telnetting to a port), my web searches say it listens on port 500 UDP but I dont know how to test if i can connect to it.

Thanks for any advice

Dave

Reply to
davidsharples
Loading thread data ...

will depend on what the release notes says as required on teh contivity server. However I am assuming since you were using a 4.15 client that you may be low enough version of server code that an upgrade may be necessary for the 6_07.007 client.

Most of the time the server needs to be at least the version or higher than the client versions.

Reply to
MC

The Nortel VPN Client for Vista must be installed by an Administrator and in XP compatibility mode. Failure to install in XP compatibility mode will result in errors during the installation of the VPN drivers. If this occurs, set eac607d.exe for XP compatibility mode and reinstall.

John

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.