Contivity 600 - Internal addresses cannot connect to external address of internal servers

Hi,

We have a Contivity 600 that has been working well for many years.

Since this morning, we cannot access internal servers using their external (publicly visible and routable) addresses.

For example, my PC is at 10.x.x.9; we have a server at 10.x.x.100, with an external "publicly visible" address of 20x.x.x.100 (defined on the Contivity through Routing/NAT/Firewall).

I can connect to the server if I use the 10.x.x.100 address, but using the 20x.x.x.100 will result in a timeout eventually.

This used to work fine, and the configuration has not been changed recently on the Contivity.

A reboot of the Contivity fixes it for about 30-40 minutes, but we then go back to the timeouts. The "Health Check" menu gives us nothing out of the ordinary. (Warnings about things we haven't enabled; nothing different than what has been working for the last few years.)

Access to other external addresses (google, digg, etc) works fine from internal. Access to our public server from the outside also works. It's only when internal IPs try to connect to the public addresses of other internal IPs that it times out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Guy Gervais

Reply to
Guy Gervais
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.