Compact ICS and analog phones

We have a CICS 6.1 4X16 system that we had installed two years ago. It has an internal ATA and an external ATA2 that are currently used by credit card machines. We are switching to new credit card machines that use the internet, so I will have these two ATAs available. What I would like to do is use a cordless analog phone with them. I can't afford to pay $500 for a T7406. I can connect the analog phone to the ATA and call out, but can I access other features of the phone system (answering calls, picking up calls on hold, etc) with an analog phone? If so, can anyone provide or direct me to the documentation on how to do this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Leon

Reply to
JustMe
Loading thread data ...

With the ATA II there should have been a user guide. Basically you can use the features by link * code.

Reply to
John

I have a wireless telephone on an ATAII. It's connected to a BCM nortel system. It works perfectly. You must assign a line pool to be able to make call, (since you had a credit card machine on it it should already be done). And you must assign some lines to it that you want to be answered. use the link button in remplacement of the traditionnal function button and everything should be perfect.

Hello, JustMe! You wrote on Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:10:14 -0800:

J> We have a CICS 6.1 4X16 system that we had installed two years ago. It J> has an internal ATA and an external ATA2 that are currently used by J> credit card machines. We are switching to new credit card machines that J> use the internet, so I will have these two ATAs available. What I would J> like to do is use a cordless analog phone with them. I can't afford to J> pay $500 for a T7406. I can connect the analog phone to the ATA and call J> out, but can I access other features of the phone system (answering J> calls, picking up calls on hold, etc) with an analog phone? If so, can J> anyone provide or direct me to the documentation on how to do this? I J> would appreciate any help. Thanks, J> Leon

With best regards, PicLover. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@myhome.com

Reply to
PicLover

The FLASH and * key becomes your friend. You can search the internet for an ata-2 user guide, or try this one. It's for a BCM, but you'll find that most, or all, of the features you need are covered.

formatting link
Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.