Communication issue between MPS 500/SCCS/M1/MMail

Hello guys, I hope that someone will be able to shed more light on my problems since I am out of ideas. We have M1 Opt 81-c with X11.25.40B, SCCS 4.2, MMail 13.13 and MPS 500 IVR. We recently moved to new location. About 60% of original PBX was moved with SCCS and IVR boxes, and of course, whole bunch of things do not work. We fixed majority of them but I still have problem with playing voice segments from Symposium script, as well as playing IVR treatments. We had to shuffle some shelves and cards so only change were few new TNs used for IVR and few agents, which I created and acquired. All other programming/configuration is the same as before move.

Problem 1. Voice segments do not play in Symposium scripts. However, I am able to connect to mailbox 7000 where those voice segments are stored, and play segments from there using Voice Prompt Editor. All Access link ports are acquired login in SCCS Voice Ports window with proper Voice Port Channel allocation which matches channel allocation in MMail. Access link status is up and running in MMail, all ports are fine. When I open any of access ports in Voice Ports window in SCCS client, I see they are associated to 7099 IVR queue. My test script is very simple

GIVE RAN RAN_first_level_eng

GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT ACD_access /* 7099 */ PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT ANN_office_is_closed

GIVE RAN RAN_second_level_eng

However, I got first RAN then second RAN, playing voice segments is skipped completely. 7099 ACD-DN is acquired, 7099 is Default Access Treatment DN as well as Default Access IVR DN in IVR ACD-DN Global Settings. When I delete RAN commands from the test script, and I have only GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT left, my calls is answered by agent. The calls arrived on their skillset key, as internal DN call with no skillset information (not that should be any).

Problem 2. GIVE IVR doesn't work When I call test script which has only GIVE IVR ACD_mail (6701) WITH TREATMENT 3041 (from MMail), my call is answered again by agent as above. MMail shows all IVR up and running. IVR ports are acquired login in SCCS Voice Port window and associated with 6701 ACD queue

Problem 3. SCCS doesn't talk to MPS 500 All IVR Voice Ports are acquired login in SCCS, as well in PBX, and all of them are associated with correct ACD queue, 6171. When I call 6171 which is IVR ACD-DN for my MPS 500 box, I see on MPS

500 Interlink Port Monitor call hits IVR, but when I call test script which has only GIVE IVR ACD_ivr (6171) WITH TREATMENT 3704 (from IVR), my call is either answered by same group of agents as above, or it rings no answer

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated

Alan

Reply to
alan.borcic
Loading thread data ...

Our environment is really similar to yours: M1 Opt 81-c with succession 3.0; SCCS 4.2, MMail 13.13. Only differences are that we've got a third-party IVR, and we do RAN via Succession Media Card (aka MIRAN). Wish we had the MPS.

You have already checked nearly everything, but here are a few things to look @. Hope I'm not too late to be of help.

• In "problem 3" you mention your IVR ACD-DN is 6171, but earlier you said "Global Settings" reflected an IVR ACD-DN of 7099. Shouldn't these be the same? We don't do IVR the same way you guys do, so I'm not sure, and my MERL is @ work.

• have you checked the Symposium server to make sure that the com port speed is set appropriately? Log into SCCS client & check the speed there as well as in Windows device manager.

• On SCCS server, is Voice Services Manager service running? I assume it would have to be running if you can play prompts via VPE, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Is it possible that the serial cable for the access link (going from SCCS to MerMail) got swapped with the wrong type of cable during the move?

• I assume you've already checked the SCCS event log / event viewer; anything there that may point you in the right direction?

Something to try:

• In SCCS, de-acquire all of your voice ports
  • In SCCS, de-acquire the acd-dn associated with the voice ports
  • In PBX, do they all show as de-acquired? If they don't, then that's probably your problem. You'll have to go to LD48 & do a DACR ...
  • Re-acquire voice ports
  • Re-acquire access ACD-DN
  • Do they show as acquired in PBX? If they do, does your problem still exist?

Last resort:

• Shut down SCCS server (i.e., shut down server services, then power-off server)
  • Reboot MerMail
  • When MerMail comes back up, start SCCS server.

HTH

- David

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.