Changing number of rings before going to voice mail

We have a new reporting system where people call in and leave messages. I'd like to change the number of rings before it goes to voice mail from four to one. That way they will not have to wait as long when calling in. I'm not even sure this is possible but if so Can someone point me in the right direction. We have an Option 11. Thank You

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

I should have mentioned that I would like to keep the number at four for our other lines.

Reply to
Steve

Hey mate, You will need to set up your RCO tables (think it's in NET DATA but can't remember) then when you need to Change your rings on a particular line, you set the RCO. EG: On our set up RCO 1 equals 4 rings, RCO 2 is 6 and RCO 3 is 8. Good luck.

Glenn

Reply to
Renegade

He really didn't give enough info. From the sounds of what he may have been describing, he might be trying to get something - not clear what - to answer immediately. It might be along the lines of ncfw to mail, rather than ringing some extension, waiting for it to fna to mail.

Reply to
Bob

Ahhhh, I see. Good pick up!

Steve - Clarification?

Reply to
Renegade

In LD 15 (Customer Data Block) you have three settings, CFN0, CFN1 and CFN2. These determine the number of times the phone rings before call forwarding after no answer . They correspond with RCO0, RCO1 and RCO2 in phone programming. You'll get the RCO prompt if you have either or both FNA and MWA set in your Class of Service. RCO defaults to zero. The default number of rings for CFN0, CFN1 and CFN2 are 4 -- the range is 1 to 15.

To change the CFN settings, you'll need to go into LD 15. This is the Customer Data Block, so be very careful. The CFN options are in the RDR_DATA gateway. To open that gateway, in LD 15, type:

REQ: CHG TYPE: RDR_DATA CUST: 0

Step through your choices until you get to CFN1, type 1 (or whatever number you want), enter, then step through till the end. Now you can go into the programming for the 500 set in LD 11 or 20 (I assume it's a 500 set), do an easy change -- and type RCO1.

After saying all that, if you just want to go directly into voice mail, you can probably use the DCFW feature.

Easy Change in LD 11, or 20, then

FTR DCFW 12 xxxxxx -- (number you want to forward to)

You can program the above on a phantom port.

Good luck.

Reply to
ronb02

I should have mentioned, before doing all this, you might want to check to see if one of the three CFNx settings has already been set to

1. To do that:

LD 21

REQ: PRT TYPE: RDR_DATA CUST: 0

Again, good luck.

Reply to
ronb02

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.