Change a analog card with a digital card

Hi, I am trying to add more digital phones to an Option 11. All slots are filled up, so I thought I'd replace a slot that has an analog card with a new digital card. When I bring my system up the new digital card has a red light and i'm not able to out the old 500's and add new

2616's. I dont know of any programming changes to swap the card so I guess that is my problem. Any help would be great.
Reply to
matt
Loading thread data ...

You probably need to OUT everything on the Analog Card first, then R/R it with a DLC. Then build your new TN's.

Wherewolf

Reply to
Wherewolf

Ive tried that. How does the option 11 recognize what type of card is installed in the system?

Reply to
matt

It's been my experience that it doesn't ack the card until the 1st TN is built on the card, then the light goes out..... You had stated that you couldn't out the 500's once the card was swapped. My point was to out the 500's first, swap cards, then build the digital sets - after you build the first one, the light should go out. Good Luck

Wherewolf

Reply to
Wherewolf

Hey that did it! Thank you so much for your help.

--Matt W

Reply to
matt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.