Can Ping Call Pilot but no access?

Have a call pilot 100 system setup in my office, when I connect directly to the call pilot with my laptop and set a static IP for the laptop I'm able to connect to the call pilot web interface and make changes. However when I connect the call pilot system to our network router I'm able to ping (192.168.1.202) but I'm not allowed to access it. IDEAS?

1) The range for the router is 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.254

2) The router, call pilot, and my PC are in subnet 255.255.255.0

3) Looking at the routers DHCP table does not show the call pilot system?
Reply to
HotRdd
Loading thread data ...

Note: You set the Call Pilot to 192.168.1.202 ? Is this far enough out of your DHCP ranges that the equipment on your network will pull. The CP does not pull a DHCP and will not show up on the table.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

I set the DHCP range for 154 "seats" so that DHCP should cover ever range from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254

I ma try dropping the range even lower to see what happens but like I said I can ping the system but can't log into it.

Reply to
HotRdd

You misunderstood me. The call pilot uses a fixed IP, it will not pull one. Set it high enough in your range that no other equipment will pull it. After its set, ping with it connected, and not, to make sure you really are seeing it. The subnet mask should be set to the same as used by other equipment on the network. I don't know if the one you set is Ok or not. I am mostly answering because no body else is. I have set up a bunch, without too much trouble. Also you can go to

formatting link
for more specific information.

Reply to
Terry

I'll have a look at the address you posted thanks

formatting link

Reply to
HotRdd

in general - you really want to set any "server" system with a static address so you know where it is, and how to get to it.

we used to setup all our servers, printers, hubs/switches, and other IP devices all with static addresses so we could run a network monitor and Ping them to make sure they are all alive.... ie - from .10 to say .100 in groups of 10

only user computers get DHCP addresses from the pool.

formatting link

Reply to
P.Schuman

I had this happen to me I could 2 times when first setting up a new Call Pilot. The Web server on the Call Pilot hosed up for whatever reason. I had to reinitialize the Call pilot thru the phone. after that I could login thru Web Browser again.

Reply to
zktk01

Do you have one network for data and one for phone, the call pilot sever is on the data and the phone? Did you use the wizard for the call pilot to setup the IP? \\\\192.168.1.202\\cpmgr

Reply to
tracy44

How do you reinitialize the Call pilot thru the phone? Does this wipe out all of the trees and other data that you ahve built?

Reply to
HotRdd

Reply to
Gman

Okay I finally got it working. I needed to set the

IP = 192.168.1.254 Mask = 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS = Router IP Secondary DNS = ISP Primary DNS Default Gateway = ROUTER IP

Reply to
HotRdd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.