Can Norstar have DIDs to voice mail boxes

MICS with 5.0 s.w. NAM 4.0 voice mail PRI

100 DID numbers from telco

Will the 5.0 (or any software, for that matter) support DID numbers straight to voice mail boxes on a NAM - mailboxes with no associated extension?

wjm

Reply to
JM
Loading thread data ...

You can do it using hunt group programming with no phones.

Reply to
John 807

thank you,

what if you've got no physical ports available? in other words, can you have DIDs into voice mail boxes that exist with no phone system ports?

wjm

Reply to
JM

Yes, you would go into hunt group programming and basically assign the target line to the group and make your voicemail dn. the agent and build a box matching the hunt group dn. If you need more detail let me know.

John 807

Reply to
John 807

Along these lines is it possible to have a line ring into Call Pilot 100 purely for mailbox access. Ie as if you dialled the mailbox DN internally and it would respond with Call Pilot from Nortel Networks. Mailbox?

I have a hunt group setup to ring 222 which is my Call Pilot mailbox DN, however when called the system prompts for an extension to call.

Lastly is it possible to switch off the Call Operator function? I do not have an operator defined, and have have the operator marked as not available, yet the system always gives callers the option to call the operator, and then when they try tells them the operator is not available.

Regards

Reply to
Clive Carmock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.