Callpilot Default Password Expiry

hi,

does anyone know if the default passwords used for callpilot BUI have an expiry time frame? and if so, how would one log into the system once expiry has reached.

thx, wonga316

Reply to
wonga316
Loading thread data ...

When a CallPilot password expires, you are challenged to change the password when you next log on. The password assigned to a new mailbox is effectively 'expired' immediately and you are challenged to change it when you first log on. I don't think an expired CallPilot password ever disables the mailbox, you merely have to reset the password before you can do anything further.

Reply to
Bruce Uttley

Without going into the manual, I think that expired passwords is an option that's set during the install, along with duration between expirations. I don't think this can be changed without a reinstall. I also don't think you can be locked out until the new password has been entered, but I have know users (usually the same ones every time) that forget their new password. Then of course the administrator simply changes the password back to the original one.

Reply to
JeffreyLHayes

It is the same as any of the mailboxes, it is controlled by the system security settings. It can be set at 0 (never expires) upto at least 365 days.

Reply to
Someone

I don't know about the bigger Option PBX's but on the BCM set the Class of 7 to 0 Expiry Days.

Some> It is the same as any of the mailboxes, it is controlled by the system

Reply to
acewarlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.