CallPilot cut-offs while retreiving messages

We just cut over to CallPilot about 5 weeks ago. Since that time, I have had one group that has been experiencing cut-offs while retrieving messages from a prescription refill line...numerous times every day. They are in the outpatient pharmcy and have 5 phones in relatively close proximity.

Long story short, we tried a few things, including moving the menu app and mbox back to MerMail...problem disappeared. Moved it back to CP and was finally able to dupe the problem by on-hook dialing on a nearby phone...dial tone cut off the user retrieving msgs. At this point, we had a tckt opened with ETAS. Per ETAS, this is a known problem with no intended fix. CallPilot hangs up on dial tone to prevent bigger problems...RNA, etc. I guess perhaps a CP calling line with no supv, etc. To them this is a non-issue...a problem most likely only problematic in a test lab scenario...not in the real world.

Their proposed work around: have the user press the mute key...that's fine if you happen to have 3900 phones. These are 2616's and when you press mute, it goes to handsfree (if HFA) We don't want to upgrade them as they have 7 lines appearing on each set and we don't put lines on the 2nd page of 3900's because of the confusion it causes (now, if they would default back to page

1 on hang-up or time-out...perhaps).

Has anyone else had unexplained cut-offs from CallPilot? In my opinion, it is a problem that needs to be addressed...perhaps patched to ignore a short burst of dial tone or to ignore dial tone while in logon session.

This is but one of a few issues I am having...was sold desktup messaging and email by phone as working with Lotus Notes...WRONG...requires iNotes. Only in one recent document did I see it correctly referred to as iNotes. Gave up CA from menu service, unlimited personaly verification length, ability to insert pause when outdialing from MS, VMBA, VoiceForms, and now apparently the convenience of being able to retrieve messages without getting cut-off. Now, admittedly I was aware of MOST of what I was giving up, but it seems I've lost more than I gained since I am not able to use Desktop Messaging.

Mike

Reply to
Maintane
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.