Caller Id

Is there a faster way to change the caller Id number on the end of the directory number. (Example 4901 0.) All of the numbers are default

0 and need to be changed to other numbers because of their DID number. The customer wants to ID the DID number on the recipient's Caller ID box instead of the local exchange directory number. Thanks in advance.
Reply to
crossbar
Loading thread data ...

Maybe, because any non-DID numbers will then send out some other companies phone number?

Even pennyman, clearly m1 savant, is simplifying what may be a very complex problem. And yes, I an certain you both know it can get more complicated that the answers offered. The problem really sucks too. It's bitch to get CLID to be "easy"

So, do I have a better answer? No, but just try each solution on a sample of sets - maybe you will have no problems at all.

I have the remains of some idiot that said "it would be cool to have some DNs in one exchance, and others in another exchange" and then lets use Non DID numbers on many KEY 00 appearances. On top of that, they failed to obtain what was available at a freaking dirt cheap price before some nick le and dime companies took them. Some times I think.. POW!, right in the kisser. Oooh, "we can save $200/month" when annual costs exceed $14MM for voice. Jeez. Ain't it fun.

OK, proceed

Reply to
GHTROUT

just change table 0 to reflect the did number, instead of the main number. Answer was too easy huh.

Reply to
Someone

Hi Crossbar,

If you got OTM, you canchange all the sets at once with a global update and change the clid value.

If you dont have OTM. LD 21 PRT CLID clid entry 0 is your local exchange number. clid entry 1 is probably for the DID number. go to LD 15 CHG NET_DATA and change these two entrys so that the settings are swapped and all sets with clid 0 use the DID number. See NTP's for exact or more details.

Pennyman.

"crossbar" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Pennyman

Hi,

When all the sets have a dn that is in the DID-range, my solution wil be no problem. Even when some numbers are not in the DID range, Crossbar has then to change only the clid of the sets that are not in the DID range, after he swapped the clid-entrys in ld 15. So good luck with that.

It depends on the provider or country if it wil be a problem when you send a wrong clid. In the Netherlands you can send a wrong CLID-number to the provider for example KPN, but the provider wil NOT send it to the dialed number, they replace it with the main number from your DID-range. It is prohibited to send another CLID to the dialed number then the "original" one.

For GHTROUT, if you dont have enough DN-space, buy some and if you cant buy some, i suggest the following but it is just one of the "shit" options when you dont have did. Give only people who realy need it, a number in the DID-range. For the rest, create several clid-entrys in ld 15, ( i believe you can create up to 256 clid-entrys) Give a range of non DID sets a specific clid-entry that correspedents with a DID DN from one LDN and so on for a second range , secend clid , second ldn . The attendend-operator can handle the traffic that comes back from these calls. Too much traffic for one operator ? people enough out there that is looking for a job. A problem exist when someone didn't answer a call from your company "non-did", and he calls back to the number in the list of unanswerd calls in his display. Nore the operator and the caller knows , which person (original non-did nr) placed the original call ....???. The operator only knows from which range depending on which ldn the call came in.

Pennyman.

"GHTROUT" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Pennyman

Yup fun stuff alright Until the CEO's number (non DID) Shows up in someones caller ID as the local jiggle joint. Talk about a frickin' fire drill!

Reply to
John

That is a nice feature in some ways, but one reason we appreciate being able to send an unofficial CLID: We send a toll free number out in some cases, or we send a number provided by one local carrier even when we route the call out a competing local carrier. It's funny too, I can send any CLID I want... You can imagine the trouble someone could cause.

Yes, your suggestion is what should have been done 6 years ago. Before other companies purchased the ranges that would have been perfect for us. The month I started (6 years in this job), I bought every last DID number that was available. We were already stuck using two NXX/Exchanges, so I got all in both. A year later, I bought an entire exchange (1000 thru 8999) in the NXX that spelled our company initials. It is sitting behind two DID trunks just playing a recording. It is worth the cost to have controlled all 8000 DNs for

5+ years - when we need them, there will be no history from other companies having them.

I hope you know what I meant by "savant". Defined: sa·vant || learned person: a wise or scholarly person

Reply to
GHTROUT

"GHTROUT"

I didn't know it, but thanks for the complement.

Pennyman

Reply to
Pennyman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.