Call Pilot Unified Messaging

I'm in IT services. A client of mine is looking at a Call Pilot 150 vm for their MICS with 6.1 s/w. They need about 50 mailboxes and 30 UM seats. They want voicemail, email, and fax all in their Outlook inbox. They use Outlook clients with an email server called Mdaemon. Their network server is MS 2003 SBS.

Back in the early days of UM, I dealt with a product called Active Voice. AV offered a very nice UM app (now owned by Cisco), but it *required* MS Exchange if you wanted everything "unified" into your email client. Otherwise, you had to use a separate AV desktop app called "Telanophy" for fax and voice mail, with your email acting independently. For fax, you bought the appropriate licenses and installed analog Dialogic voice/fax boards in the AV voice mail.

Is the CP like the AV? Can I use the UM with this "3rd party" email server? Does the CP require fax boards?

thank you,

jm

Reply to
JM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.