Call foward External Problem....need help urgently :)

Having a big problem.

I have to call foward some calls out from my PBX to a Toll Free number.

I cannot do this via a NCFW on an ACD, my calls are getting sent to reception, I assume I have some TARG/TGAR issue there. Since my ACD solution failed I said, let's go with Phantom so I programmed a phantom with DCFW and it worked fine, my call would come into the switch and forward back out, the only problem is that only one call is being allowed at a time on my Phantom DN so the second call default again to my Voice Mail.

Anyone have any idea how I can get around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
hached
Loading thread data ...

I might be able to help. I've done that b4 several times without a problem.

Is there any difference between calling the acd# from an external phone vs. a phone off your pbx?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by ncfw'd-ing an acd-dn to the toll-free #?

Reply to
j0ckg33k

When you set up the NCFW number did you use the Nars/Bars access code or the route access code you want the call to go out on?

Reply to
John

Internally the call goes through, externally the call goes to reception so there's an NCOS problem there I'm sure.

I also tried with the Route Access code and that works except that only

1 call goes through at a time, if I place one call and put it on hold and then make another I go to reception, the same happens if I use a phantom set, 1st call goes through, second goes to recpetion until the first one is released.

Very bizzare. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
hached

I'm assuming you've got an M1. Do you have Symposium by any chance?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by ncfw'd-ing an acd-dn to the toll-free #? There may be another way to approach this.

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Thanks for everyones suggestions, the problem of the calls going to reception was due to a prompt in the CDB which controls the number of seconds before a call can be forwarded again from the same set. Ours was set to 14. It's in the TIM section of the CDB. Prompt FOPT.

Reply to
hached

You mentioned one call at a time was all that you could pass. I am curious about that. If the number to need to divert back out is a typical DID number, - say, a DN that was an SCR or MCR, then the number of calls you can bridge to the outside toll free number should only be limited by your available DID trunks and outgoing trunks

If you are diverting a DN that was the target of a trunks (LD14) PRDN or ATDN, then you have a roadblock on the incoming side and will need to create a Phantom to each trunk.

It might be worth asking if the telco can redirect it. Always nice to have alternatives.

Reply to
GHTROUT

good point. thanks for the info.

awesome website, BTW!

Reply to
j0ckg33k

I had totally forgotten about that! Thanks for posting the solution -- it's great to see activity in this group.

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.