BPS2k MDA Copper SFP Support

Does support BPS2k 2 port SFP MDA the 1000Base-T SFP?

I didn't find any exact sentence in the Nortel documentation about it. The NetformX configurator doesn't enable the insertion of a copper GBIC on MDA. The Page 20 of 'Installing Gigabit Interface Converters, SFP, and CWDM SFP Gigabit Interface Converters' (312865c.pdf) shows a such kind of insertion as typical.

Have you got somebody experience on it?

Sandor

Reply to
smadar
Loading thread data ...

Hi Morten, thanks, but did you mention the MDA w/ 2 fix copper ports (AL2033015)? I need some info about MDA containing 2 SFP module slots (AL2033016). Does it support 1000Base-T SFP GBIC?

Regards, Sandor

Reply to
smadar

Hi Sandor. Yes, the BPS2K works with the 2 port copper MDA. I have a few running this config. You may need to upgrade bootcode and software to newest BOSS to get it working.

Regards Morten

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Hi Sandor. Yes, it is the AL2033015 i have working. I was not aware of the AL2033016, and have no info on that. Looking on the Nortel website, i cannot find any docs on AL2033015 and BPS2000 but it is in the price-list, and BPS2000 is mentioned there.

Regards Morten

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.