BPS2000 - Portbase VLAN sharing

hi all,

I can assigne same port to ie. two or more port base VLAN's. But there is only first VLAN working on specific port, no other VLANS.

Ie. port eth 1/24 is a 'server port' ports eth 1/1-1/12 are assigned to VLAN 10 ports eth 1/13-1/23 are assigned to VLAN 20 server port is assigned to both VLAN 10 and VLAN 20

and it doesn't work... why ;)

thanks in advance, b2rat2

Reply to
b2rat2
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Lonewolf

In port based VLAN mode, a port can only be assigned to one VLAN unless tagging on the port.

Reply to
MC

but I can assign same port to few port based VLAN, on baystack 450-24T I can only assign one VLAN to port, unless it is trunk/tagging one. BPS2000 let me assign same port to more than one port based vlan...

b2rat2

Reply to
b2rat2

which one is not working?

Reply to
paulg81

This is basic to VLAN configuration:

Yes, this gives you the ability to receive traffic from several different VLANS. But the traffic FROM the server will be sent to the VLAN that the server port's PVID is configured for. (Look in "Switch configuration"-> "vlan settings" -> "port configuration" menu. or something like that ) If you want to be able to talk to both nets, you have 3 choices:

1. Either put a netcard in the server that understands VLANS. (I will not recomend this !! )
  2. Put the server on one VLAN, and route traffic to the other VLAN by an external router.
  3. Replace the BPS2000 with a 16XX series routing switch, NOT the 1424T (A horrible product, as i discovered), and do the routing in the switch.

Regards Morten Rydahl

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.