BCM Unified Messaging on Windows XP & Outlook 2002 - outbox issue

Have a BCM 3.6 with Unified messaging/fax to desktop.

When UM is installed on the XP machine, I cannot send out email or forward voicemail/fax messages. All of the messages stay in the outbox. In can receive vm and email fine.

If I uninstall UM, in can send OK, but after installing the messages are held in the outbox. The "send/receive" option has no effect.

Unified messaing works fine on Windows 2000 machine with same user logged in.

This is WinXP SP2. Email is stored on a MS exchange server and callpilot is configured for a MAPI interface.

Any ideas?

Chuck

Reply to
chuck
Loading thread data ...

What version is your UM client?

Reply to
biv343

Client is 2.01.27.15

biv343 wrote:

Reply to
chuck

We use the same setup and had a problem similar to this. During the install the Unified Messenger client there's a checkbox to associate with the default profile in Outlook. This caused problems for us on systems with no default profile set where users actually used a different profile. We had to uninstall, then go to Start / Settings / Control Panel / Mail, click Show Profiles, then select a default profile in there that was correct, then reinstall UM. I don't know if this helped or if there's another way to do this, but that worked for us.

Reply to
pyite

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.