BCM Solution for 900 branch offices

Hi guys,

I'm new to this group, and already, would like to seek for any inputs.

Can the BCM 400 support 900 branches, each branch with just one IP phone? Basically there needs to be only 5 concurrent calls between head office and branches at any one time.

Any inputs would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Jonathan

Reply to
onats.ong
Loading thread data ...

No. Even though you will only have 5 concurrent calls there would still be 900 extensions. But there's more then one way to skin a cat.

If you're dead set on using a BCM, which I wouldn't recommend for this situation (and I design Voice/Data infrastructures for a living), you could use a 50, 200, or 400 in the main site depending on the number of local extensions and trunks you need, and then use a BCM 50 at each remote with one IP, analog, or TDM set (using an analog would save a lot of money but you loose MWI), and one VoIP trunk pointed back to the main site. The main site would need only 5 VoIP trunks since these are shared to all the remotes.

But frankly this situation screams pure IP instead of a hybrid system. What feature are you looking for AA, CCR, CC, VM, UM, these will play a big part in determining if you should be using a simple Asterisk system or a SC1000. Also, what's your IP connectivity between sites.

BTW Like I said I do this for a living so if you're really interested in engaging a consultant you can contact me directly. Otherwise, I look at this group every once in a while.

Reply to
RC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.