BCM Questions

Hi - I purchased a home that came with a Nortel BCM system and had two questions for anyone who can help!

1. The installer (who has now left the area) apparently put a password that prevents the user from changing anything. I had wanted to rename extensions and change the time/date, as well as set up a voice mailbox, but cannot.

I saw on old postings from this group that Feature **266344 should enter programming mode, and the default password is 266344 (or "CONFIG"). When I type Feature **266344, I am asked for a user id, and then a password. No matter what I type, I get back "denied in admin". (The postings, however, mentioned just a password that would need to be entered).

Does anyone know how to reset this?

1. I have call waiting and simply don't know which button to press to put the current call on hold and take the new call coming in. There doesn't appear to be a "flash" key.

Thanks very much. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and if there are any techs who can solve the problem onsite please contact me as well.

Reply to
jbb_ny
Loading thread data ...

Well, flash is "Feature 71", called LINK by the folks up north. Every BCM I have worked on is a giant PITA. They are sent to me pre-programmed and all I have to do (theoretically) is wire them up. Then we go into patches and upgrades and resets etc.My tech support works on them through the net and I very seldom program. But what I am getting at is they all have a different user ID, not sure if there is a default.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Hi! We're in Australia, but I'd imagine our systems are the same as yours. I've a limited experience with BCM's, but my work partner is the gun (so he says! ;o) ) I will ask him in the morning and se eif he has the answer to your dillema. Cheers!

Reply to
Renegade

quoted text -

OK, the guru I work with has never used the "config - config" but instead used "admin2 - 9999" Try that and see if it will let you in to change the default admin password.

Reply to
Renegade

Thanks for all the assistance. I was able to do this via:

Feature ** 266344 UserId: 738662 P/W: 266344

Does anyone know how I can get the Element Manager software?

Reply to
jbb_ny

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.