BCM BRU issue

hi,

i'm attempting to schedule a backup task with BRU on BCM 400 version

3.6. whenever i create a new volume or use the existing volumne for backups i get the following error.

apache active scripting runtime error there is not enough sapce on disk line#169, char#5

i was wondering how i go about checking the HD space required for BRU backups and what is the recommended location for a backup if you place locally on the BCM itself.

thx, wonga316

Reply to
wonga316
Loading thread data ...

How many different named backups have you made so far.

Reply to
acewarlock

acwarlock,

none. to my knowledge, this system has not been backed up for a while.

thx, w> How many different named backups have you made so far.

Reply to
wonga316

You should not backup the bcm to itself! when a bcm backups the backup file is first created on the bcm hd (it's really a zip file) and then transfered to the target volume. You should not run out of hd space on the bcm.

The size of a backup depends on what you have selected to be backed up. Backups can be from kilobytes in size to many megabytes..

Reply to
Ray

Under Maintenance, check to see if you have some archlogs stored. Normally you wouldn't have these but if you or your partner ever ran them, they can be quite large. I've also seen mistakes made to run them on a schedule that would fill up the drive over time.

Reply to
Lonewolf

thanks guys...

i've checked the system and arch log scheduler has been disabled. i know that backup onto the BCM isn't best practice but it's a complicated setup between myself and the BCM(s). but any backup is better than none.

anyway, does anyone know any temp / redundant files on the drives i can delete that won't kill the machine (ie - c:\\windows\\temp) and can anyone confirm where the backup zip is created (i have a feeling that it's on d:\\ partition)

w> Under Maintenance, check to see if you have some archlogs stored. Normally

Reply to
wonga316

You can check the log viewer. Unless you're trying to report a problem, none of those files are needed and I believe they're stored on the same drive as the backup.

You might also consider backing it up to an ftp server or different MS network drive.

Reply to
Lonewolf

I backup to the E: drive and to our network server. When you first open the BCM manager and you get the 5 system tree menu's, just click on the top one or the second one and one the right side of the viewer it tells you where the backup file is stored. I do a daily backup to the E: drive and the network drive and they both just overwrite themselves everyday and don't create new ones.

Reply to
acewarlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.