Baystack 460-24T-PWR Fiber Optic Module poblems

We have a Baystack 460-24T-PWR and have added a Fiber Optic module to it. We also have a WLAN Security Switch 2270 that has two Fiber Optic ports on it. We are trying to connect the 2270 to the Baystack Switch and are having problems. The Baystack does not show a link between the two devices and we are wondering if there is a problem with the cable (we purchased a machine made one) or if there is something that needs to be configured on the switch in order to make it work. The switch sees the module and knows that there is a connection. It shows that the link is administratively up but the link is down.

Has anyone tried this yet? Anyone have an suggestions? We ordered a new cable to see if that is the problem, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
compufxr
Loading thread data ...

On the 2270 make sure that autonegotiate is turned off on the uplink port.

The Baystack 460 doesn't support autonegotiate over gigabit fiber.

-----Original Message----- From: compufxr [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com] Posted At: Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:46 PM Posted To: comp.dcom.sys.nortel Conversation: Baystack 460-24T-PWR Fiber Optic Module poblems Subject: Baystack 460-24T-PWR Fiber Optic Module poblems

We have a Baystack 460-24T-PWR and have added a Fiber Optic module to it. We also have a WLAN Security Switch 2270 that has two Fiber Optic ports on it. We are trying to connect the 2270 to the Baystack Switch and are having problems. The Baystack does not show a link between the two devices and we are wondering if there is a problem with the cable (we purchased a machine made one) or if there is something that needs to be configured on the switch in order to make it work. The switch sees the module and knows that there is a connection. It shows that the link is administratively up but the link is down.

Has anyone tried this yet? Anyone have an suggestions? We ordered a new cable to see if that is the problem, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
abomb

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I think the autonegotiate is off by default and from what I recall - you cannot even turn it on. If you try to do so, you will get an error message telling you that you cannot do it.

Thank you for trying to help though!

Reply to
compufxr

Guess you cant bump.... oh well

Reply to
compufxr

"compufxr" wrote in news:1123188353.011892.22120 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Just to clear up some minor points regarding the fiber: SX fiber with SX-MDA

62.5 nano or not This would be my physical lever troubleshooting. because, even thought you may not get communication, you can still get the link connection. So, if the fiber cable is correct type. Then i would swap a different MDA on the B460.

/regards

Reply to
Bkyzworld

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.