BayStack 350-24T, Password Reset

I've recently received a BayStack 350-24T. It has a password set.

Is there any way to reset the password without shelling out for a Nortel service contract?

Reply to
Jeff Dairiki
Loading thread data ...

In article , Jeff Dairiki wrote: :I've recently received a BayStack 350-24T. It has a password set.

:Is there any way to reset the password without shelling out for a Nortel :service contract?

There is no publically known backdoor for it.

However, if you can put it as a slave unit onto another unit, when you save the stack settings, the password will be overwritten with whatever the master's password is.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Uzytkownik "Jeff Dairiki" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@dairiki.org...

have you tried default one? I mean "secure", other default for is "user"

Brat

Reply to
Brat

U¿ytkownik "Walter Roberson" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:di4v24$8i8$ snipped-for-privacy@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca...

Baystack 350-24T is not stackable, onlu 410 and 450 have stacking slots.

Brat

Reply to
Brat

Yes, I have :-/

At least I'm pretty sure they didn't work, but I did notice an odd behavior. When I enter some random password, the switch reports "Invalid Password". However, when I enter either 'secure' or 'user', instead of "Invalid Password", the switch responds with "Please Enter SWITCH Password." (The capitalization is the switches.)

Have you any idea what it's trying to tell me?

Reply to
Jeff Dairiki

If you are running an older version of the firmware (maybe pre v3.0), "NetICs" (minus quotes) is the backdoor password.

This "feature" was removed in later versions.

Reply to
none

This password works only with software release v1.x If you have 2.x or newer it doesn't work.

Brat

Reply to
Brat

The procedure below works for a BPS but it's worth a try.

Recover by Factory Defaulting

Connect to the console port of the switch. Reboot the switch. When the first line of the diagnostics tests is displayed, press CTRL-C

The system will then display a menu. Select option "i" (this will factory default the switch!) Select option "a" (this will run the agent code) Upon bootup, the switch will be in a factory default configuration.

Reply to
abomb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.