Bad port on 470-48T switch

I have a cascaded stack of 3 of these 470-48T switches that I just put out. Just put these out about 2 weeks ago and started to migrate from my old switches to them.

On the base unit, one of the ports is bad, does not light up when I connect something to it. My question is if I get a replacement switch, update the software on it to my current software, and then if I just swap that switch out for a new one will it automatically pull down all the configs, like vlans, port assignments etc? Or will I have to set everything up again?

thanks.

Reply to
Ron
Loading thread data ...

The new ES470 will pull all configuration from entire stack.

Reply to
Dophi

Even if the bad port is on the base unit? When I put in a new base unit it will get all MLT and vlan info?

Reply to
Ron

first, download the config just in case as long as the stack remains powered up, the stack will operate as one unit and when the new base is installed the other units provide the config. The base is required when first powered up to provide the config so as long as does not reboot until the new unit is in place and in the stack should be OK. also look at the hardware conifguration from the menu when the unit is up just to make sure the stack sees as the base/unit 1 or may need to renumber that unit in the stack.

Reply to
MC

first, download the config just in case as long as the stack remains powered up, the stack will operate as one unit and when the new base is installed the other units provide the config. The base is required when first powered up to provide the config so as long as does not reboot until the new unit is in place and in the stack should be OK. also look at the hardware conifguration from the menu when the unit is up just to make sure the stack sees as the base/unit 1 or may need to renumber that unit in the stack.

Reply to
MC

Or you can use another way to do it. 1. Dump the binary configuration file from the stack to a TFTP server. 2. On the new ES470, issue "copy tftp config address x.x.x.x filename yyy unit #". This command lets you download a specific unit configuration from TFTP server. 3. Replace the old ES470 with this new one

Reply to
Dophi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.