Bad Connection

I am working with a MICS. Whenever the attendant, Ext 221, tranfers a call externally to a cell phone, the connection sounds like you are talking in a barrel -- sort of an echoing sound. Any other set on the system can transfer a similar call and the connection is fine. It only happens with extension 221. Ext 221 seems to be working perfectly in every other way. Does anyone know why a transfered call to a cell phone would sound like this?

Reply to
Amiller
Loading thread data ...

When you perform the transfer, and it is fine - are you releasing your line, or putting it on hold or something - something she is not doing?

Or are the calls she gets typically on a different set of lines, such as toll free or ?

Does she have a tape recorder she claims is dictation? :-)

Reply to
GHTROUT

Calls are processed using the transfer button and a speed dial list containing cell phone numbers. All calls tranfered are performed the same way and on the same lines through out the premisis.

No dictaion recorder or any other eaves dropping device.

Reply to
Amiller

not familiar with mics, so this may not apply... but does your attendant perhaps have a different ncos or tgar than other 'working' extensions?

Reply to
j0ckg33k

Let me first say (first heard from CIO Mike Jones, Cleveland Clinic"): "The customer may not always be right, but they are always the customer"

In other words, it probably isn't happening as you think when the attendant is performing the transfer. Sure, they may do it right when being watched....but remember the type of person that makes a great attendant. They make a great attendant, not a great engineer or analyst. Predict that type of workers response to an analytical Q%A session? If you predicted right, then the attendant will get a better job within the month

Just my babble...may be wrong, but probably....what?

Reply to
GHTROUT

Have YOU duplicated the problem, is it a specific cell number or perhaps it is the same line she is using I.E. line 1 to cell = Echo or Any Line to cell number 123-456-7890 = Echo. It sounds like you need to get out the shovel and do a lot of digging. (I've also noticed if you have the user keep a log of the time it happened line the call came in on and the cell number the call was sent to you either end up with a lot of great documentation to back track the trouble or the trouble never happens again) Just my 2 cents.

Reply to
John

Documenting the problem each time it happens is a good idea, It will help zero in on the problems and isolate them a little better than the "He said," "she said" technique.

Thanks!

John wrote:

Reply to
Amiller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.