Appletalk and 470-48T switches ??

Switched over to our new 470 switches from an old 1200 passport and MAC's with Appletalk are having issues. Cant browse for prinbters using appletalk etc. Is there a way to enable appletalk on these switches or something that needs to be done to enable appletalk?

Now I've got 3 switches cascaded and fiber run to our 8600 and these 3 switches are picking up our 4 subnets via VLANS.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

The only thing I see differant between new config and old switch config is that the VLANS were setup by protocol and these are setup by Port.

thanks for any help

Reply to
Ron
Loading thread data ...

Change the VLAN type to AppleTalk by using this command "vlan create

2 type protocol-apltkEther2Snap" on ES470.
Reply to
Dophi

Will this change any of the settings of the vlan as it is setup now? Is there anyway to do this using device manager or the HTTP interface for the switch group, add apple talk to each vlan?

Reply to
Ron

Yes, basically, you have to delete the port-base VLAN on your ES470 first. After it, create protocol base VLAN from Device Manager, CLI, or Web UI.

Reply to
Dophi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.