Any1 using HDX and Installed SU06 for SCCS 5?

Hello everyone, We have recently applied SU06 to our SCCS 5.0 server and the result is it has destroyed out HDX link...... We use HDX to interface our Periphonics VPS to the SCCS. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem, and if anyone has experience with HDX config for a similar scenario. Our level 1 support resource has left his old company to take a job with Nortel and our new resource isn't accross HDX......... Thanx

Reply to
Renegade
Loading thread data ...

I experienced something similiar with one of my SCCS's using HDX running SU06 + SUS0601 to SUS0604 + Peps. I found that if you opened up the DIW and then cancelled out, it deleted some registry keys. Nortel is aware of the situation and is writing a fix. Workaround for now is to backup your registry keys after you populate them again, incase for some reason you would cancel out of the DIW again.

Reply to
Manana

Hi Manana, Much appreciation for the reply. We have Nortel working on ours at present, they are also having dramas with our configuration and can't get anything to stick either. It's not cool, but on the othe hnd I don't feel quite so stupid now! ;o) Thanx again.

Reply to
Renegade

Hi Everyone, Just for general info in case anyone ever has this problem here is an explaination of what happened.......

When we installed SU06 we were upgrading from SU04. The rollback will never have worked as far as HDX is concerned because SU06 changes the ORB structure present in SU04, and when rolled back the old structure does not get re-installed. SU06 introduces TAO 1.4 as the embedded ORB and the existing Visibroker ORB is deactivated. It also removes all Visibroker ORB registry and environmental entries, and any assosiated files are shifted to a temp directory.

I think that's how it went, has been like squeezing blood from a stone to get any info from Nortel.....

Cheers guys n gals.

Reply to
Renegade

-------------------------------------

Hi, I have a similar situation. Customer has HDX on SCCS 5 connected to an MPS-500 running MPS 2.1. They are trying to move the software to a new server but cannot get the HDX to work. The current SCCS was setup by a person who has left and there is no documentation. I am "MPS literate" and know how the MPS's side is configured and how to check it but know little about SCCS's (and don't have access to one). The customer is several hundreds of kilometers away and remote access is not possible due to the customers security. I would appreciate any information on how to check and test HDX in an SCCS Thanks

Reply to
thaebich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.