Alteon Websystems Aceswitch 180 replacement

Hello,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here.

I have an Alteon Websystems Aceswitch 180, and its beginning to become a little unreliable, with already a couple of fibre ports not working.

With Alteon being absorbed into Nortel, I am wondering what a suitable replacement might be.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Stephen
Loading thread data ...

Why not get a replacement from Nortel or look on eBay. You can usually find used (or not so used) ones there. I would look for a model 184 or a 180e because of the additional memory. The 180 (and 180e) are no longer available new. Jim

Reply to
Jim Sanchez

Nortel has moved all the green case Alteon products to the restricted price list. I believe that they won't be orderable soon and will be 5 years or so until they aren't supported by Nortel support. The suggested replacement for the 180, 184 & AD3/4 is the Nortel Application Switch.

Not 100% sure on their exact EOL process but i'd start replacing them with new hardware if you can.

Reply to
abomb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.