Alteon WebOS Images?

I have an old CacheDirector that I tinker around with on my own network, kind of as a learning tool. Anyhow it was running a 6.0.69 image (with the 1.0.7 maintainence kernel). On the Nortel website I saw there was a 1.0.9 update, thinking that updated the kernel. Oops... nope, it updated (or outdated) my (only) image and now instead of

6.0.69 it's booting with 1.0.9. I finally realized that what I need is a newer WebOS image which was what I supposed to load on there and is what the 6.0.69 represented.

Nortel is giving me the major run around, just getting the 1.0.9 image to fubar my CD was hassle enough. To download from their site you need a service contract. But since these products are EOL and Nortel will not give any support. I'm tired of play the phone game with these guys it's not THAT hard of a concept for them to grasp. I guess this is why their company is going in the hole.

I do not think I can update straight to the 10.x.x versions as I read a PDF that said you have to run the 9.x.x or upgrade to that first.

Does anyone have a collection of a few of the WebOS for the 180 series that they could send me so that I can update this POS?

What hair I haven't pulled out of my head has turned gray from this fiasco. I'm on the brink of using this thing for target practice.

Reply to
BobHope123
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
DC One

Reply to
BobHope123

-------------------------------------

Reply to
deddy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.