Adding new DN key

Hi guys,

Using a Nortel Meridian1 Option 11c.

I'm network admin and have inherited PBX admin despite knowing very little about it, so forgive me if my use of the jargon is incorrect. Easy to understand info doesn't seem easy to come by.

This will be an easy one for the knowledgeable:

What load and syntax would I use to add DN 725 to Key 2 on TN 17 2. Would this automatically become a rollover for the DN on key 0 or is further configuration involved?

thanks

ShuggyB

Reply to
ShuggyB
Loading thread data ...

Welcome to the nortel world. I migrated from data systems as well.

To add DN 275 to TN 17 2 you would go into ld 11. First print the TN. IE:

REQ: PRT TYPE: TNB TN 17 2

This will give you a load of output. You're looking in CLS (class of service) for HTA (HunTing Allowed). You'll also want to check out LHK (Last Hunt Key) it should be equal to or greater than 2. I'll assume that niether of them are set.

Now you'd change the TN. I'm going to assume it's a 2216. If not change for the appropriate type. It would look something like:

REQ: CHG TYPE: 2216 TN 17 2

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

And, if he's not familiar with Nortel, he needs to understand that "Key

2" is the third key up. Numbering starts from zero. So, if it's the second key he wants to add the DN to, he should set the HUNT to Key 1.
Reply to
RonB

Many thanks guys. This info was just what I needed.

ShuggyB

Reply to
ShuggyB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.