ACD question, Nortel DMS 500

I do Centrex voice provisioning and have an ACD question. With all of the ACD groups we have setup, users can use whatever login id they wish as long as it the right number of digits (4 or 5). This causes headaches for the customer who is trying to view stats on a particular agent. Is there a way to force users to use the login id assigned to their phone?

Reply to
ee
Loading thread data ...

Make it a firing offence to impersonate another agent. :-)

But seriously, if you're associating an agent with a given phone, why not just look at the position statistics rather than the agent statistics? At many sites I've dealt with, everybody logs in as agent 01, i.e. they don't care about agent ID at all.

Reply to
Charlie Gibbs

How about assigning passwords to the login id?

mike

Reply to
Mike Blake-Knox

Charlie Gibbs said: "But seriously, if you're associating an agent with a given phone, why not just look at the position statistics rather than the agent statistics? At many sites I've dealt with, everybody logs in as agent 01, i.e. they don't care about agent ID at all."

Charlie, I wish that was the case, but this customer is a govt call in centre and are concerned that some of their employees are not as dedicated as others. They want stats to back that up and want to know who logged in and how long they were active, etc. Arent position and agent the same thing, or do you mean look at the stats for the INCALLS key on Key 1? All the reporting I have seen has been based upon the login ID...

Mike, I did try that (in Table ACDLOGIN), but have learned that if I enter the valid login ID I am forced to use the password paired with it. However if I enter a random 4 digit login ID not in the Table, I still get logged in and am not prompted for a password at all.

Reply to
ee

Damn, perhaps your system reports differently. I've been working with Meridian 1 and CS1000 systems, which provide position statistics in the Agent Position Report (REPT 4). I was hoping that your switch provided the same reports.

Reply to
Charlie Gibbs

That's strange. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the NTPs to research it further.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Blake-Knox

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.