802.1x Supplicant Running on a SOHO NAT Device

We wish to force 802.1x on all our edge switches (5500s). The catch is that we do not have any real control over what is connected to the network edge. We have game console systems, old *nix machines, printers, etc. If we force 802.1x everywhere, we would have some major push back.

I have been searching for NAT routers that would be capable of performing an 802.1x auth on their uplink ports, much in the same way you would configure a NAT router for PPPoE. I understand many NAT routers can be configured to support 802.1x authentication for associated clients, but this is not what I am looking for. I need the NAT router to have an 802.1x supplicant, preferably capable of EAP-PEAP.

Does anyone know of an vendor that manufactures such a device? I am hoping to find something in the $50-$60 range. The only reason why I am posting to this group is because we have a lot of Nortel gear, and I did not get any response from the previous group that I posted to. If I am posting this to the wrong group, please let me know what the appropriate group should be. Thx.

-mike

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.