460 24T-PWR switch and fiber issue...

Hello I've got an MDA and a fiber running from a 460 switch to a nortel router. The fiber port on the router is enabled and the fiber is plugged in.

On the MDA on the switch I see a LINK ligt solid and an ACTIVITY light that blinks every few seconds once.....not blinking like the activity light on my other switches though, those blink fast.

If I switch the fiber around on the router the lights on the MDA go out so I put them back the way they were and have lights again.

I however can not ping the switch and anyhting that is plugged into the switch is not getting out. Does something need to be gturned on on the switch itself using console?

Any other ideas? suggestions? thanks

Reply to
nortel help
Loading thread data ...

Had the same problem recently with SMLT. All hardware was swapped, but still same issue. The fibre had degraded and needed cleaning.

On the MDA on the switch I see a LINK ligt solid and an ACTIVITY light that blinks every few seconds once.....not blinking like the activity light on my other switches though, those blink fast.

If I switch the fiber around on the router the lights on the MDA go out so I put them back the way they were and have lights again.

I however can not ping the switch and anyhting that is plugged into the switch is not getting out. Does something need to be gturned on on the switch itself using console?

Any other ideas? suggestions? thanks

Reply to
gopher

Reply to
nortel help

OK I have switched pairs....now on my router the lights light up green, but very faint, not like the other fiber lights that are bright green.

The light on the routers end is no longer orange, but now faint green.

nortel help wrote:

Reply to
nortel help

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.