Wireless Home Theater Speakers

Anyone know if there are any wireless home theater speakers and where one can buy them?

Thanks.

Reply to
PCMan
Loading thread data ...

Wireless speakers are available at nearly any stereo store; BB, CC, even

radio shack. Be warned, listen before you buy. Or check their return

policy. The sound quality is not particularly good. They might be

better than before (it's been a couple of years since I've heard any)

but are still probably only useable for rear surrounds.

Reply to
yustr

Wireless home theatre speakers generally don't have the best sound quality. I thought I had found a way around with it, using the Kenwood RFU-6100. It consists of two units, a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter attaches to the amp, and sends the signal over infrared frequency to the receiver unit, which is attached to one or two speakers. I'm currently using it for my rear centre channel (I'm doing 6.1 at the moment). The 6100 advertises as being able to boost the signal by 50 watts. This is not enough. Sadly. Even when I use my rear centre with 6.1 material, I just don't hear the signal well enough. I'm pretty disappointed in the unit, and I don't recommend it. Some people on ecoustics.com have liked it, but I'm not one of them. I'm anxiously waiting for some kind of improvement over the 6100. Someone PLEASE let me know if there is something out there that can do a better job!

PCMan, there are some HTIBs that have wireless surround speakers. I know there's a Sony package that offers them. But I haven't heard any of these yet. Try 'em out though, but like yustr said, don't buy them without hearing them first!

cheers, vij

Reply to
vij

Sorry, I should have said that the Kenwood unit transmits its information via radio frequency, not infra-red. Sorry for the confusion.

cheers, vij

Reply to
vij

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.