Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Vintage Speakers in Need of Repair
- Dan Lyons
May 17, 2006, 1:55 pm
rate this thread
Hey all. I've got an old set of no-name 5 way speakers, wood design,
probably made in the 70s. They've got a mid and high range eq knob and a
reset switch on the face under the mesh covering. The woofers on them
have finally given out and need to be replaced. They're 12 inch
(including the metal frame where the screws mount it to the wood), and
on the back they say "30 ohm 10% 5W". All I've been able to find are car
speakers or in-wall units, with impedance under 16 ohms. I'm looking for
something that will give me that vintage sound, as I run an old receiver
through them, mostly playing vinyl.
Does anyone know of a safe on line dealer or a store/catalog where I
could find replacements?
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum