Video Setup Problems through Sony Receiver

I am having problems connecting my computer (for TV, gaming, etc.) to any one of my Sony STR-DG600 receiver's component inputs. My computer's video card has component output, which works just fine when I connect directly to my home theater projector. Taking the same component signal from my computer to either of the receivers' component input channels (DVD or TV) does not work.

I verified that both of these receiver component input channels (DVD and TV) work if it receives a signal from another source, like a DVD or xBox.

Crazy thought, but are there different component video signal "strengths"? I'm wondering if my receiver may require a minimum component signal strength which it may not be getting from my computer's component video output...someone recommended a video booster but I want to get some other advice first.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reply to
gunnar.stoa
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.