Toshiba 42HL167, 47lx167 & 46HL167

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was any info on these Televisions. I am interested in purchasing one of these TVs. I have not made my mind up as of yet but both of the models I've seen so far at the electronics stores had a washed out appearance to the picture. I've read somewhere that they are good TVs but am looking for unbiased opinions.

Michael

Reply to
Newsgroup User
Loading thread data ...

I had the Toshiba 46HL167 and believe me, with a little bit of adjustment of the user controls (color, bright, contrast), and a good signal, the picture is spectacular. My daughter and her husband have it now and are thrilled with it. I replaced it because it was a little small for me with a Toshiba 56MX195, which is even better. Don't go by what you see in the show room.

Jim

Reply to
Jimbo

I'm sure I'll have to don my Kevlar suit, but Toshiba and Panasonic are my top choices for picture quality, reliability, and often price.

What you see in the stores is meaningless. If it's not a customer changing the settings, it's the clueless sales droids wanting a higher profit model to look better.

Adjust it yourself. Often times all that's necessary is to reset the picture to the factory defaults. [Although most defaults set the color way too hot]

I've owned & recommended many a Toshiba and have only been been disappointed once, many years ago.

Name a company that doesn't have a dog slip out the gate now and then.

Reply to
Gandalf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.