Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
March 1, 2005, 8:35 am
rate this thread
I'm looking for any opinions you might have on a good
receiver/speaker/subwoofer setup for a ~500sq ft. "dance" room I'm trying to
setup in my house. The room has vaulted 10ft+ ceilings and a hard laminate
floor (yes, it does echo). I do want low profile - either in wall speakers
or white/silver smaller boxes I can mount to the wall.
I am looking for used or new for around $1500 or less but it sure is
difficult for an amateur to figure out any good value when going to places
like Circuit City and trying to listen to the speakers there. Also, after
purchasing a decent Polk/Harmon-based set from the stores last year ... I've
found that you can almost always get the older models used/new on Ebay for
less. I just don't know what I'm looking for.
TIA for any opinions!
Re: System for dance room?
Are you just going to listen to CDs? Or do you plan to have turntables
for vinyl and microphones, like a real nightclub?
If you're going the latter route, you'll want a PA or pro type of
system with a mixer. Look at stores that specialize in that sort of
gear. Guitar Center (I think) and other big music stores may also have
that kind of gear.
- » Paramount Pictures MC 200 MC200 6Chan Power Amplifier
- — Previous thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » CWAers Land Major Legislative Victory For Working People In Maine [Telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum